September 18, 2008

My first Entry

Start: Exploring the Online Buzz Today I met Mario Garcia, famous Mario, who is helping the small, lovely newspaper and online venture, that I work for, to transform itself from a newspaper into a newsagency. I guess and I know, that hundreds of newspapers in the world are in somehow or other similar situations as we are. Thinking, hoping, planning, dreaming a change for tomorrow's world. We still picture ourselves a world, where journalists are the ones to keep the gates of news, where readers and viewers still rely on the spoken or written words of professionals. But with more and more speed we face a change, where some of us want to rock the boat and and some of us picture themselves back into the old days. Do we need journalists anymore? Do we need gatekeepers? Sure, I am not the only one to ask this question. Maybe a boring one anyway. Still, I am journalist now for more than ten years. I am in charge of an online-news-site. And I am a strong believer in journalism. This blog is to takkle myself. I confess, I do not understand 90 Percent of the facebook features, but something tells me, that this will put change to my profession, to our communication. Mario, who is one of the most intelligent consulters and thinkers I ever met, believes, that Blogs will be an important part of communication in between people in the years to come. Well, Mario started blogging himself, just 100 days ago. And he experienced a lot of positive feedback and a lot of new traffic to his website garcia-media. I start this blog, because I want to find out. So: This is, what this blog shall all be about: 1.) Changes taking place in the way we communicate (What I will do here? Facebook reviews, Blog spottings, news-site discussions,...) 2.) New Features in the digital world, that will stay for longer (What the hell is this new Xing-Button all about, and things like this) 3.) New Possibilties to market ideas, products (can this work for everyone?) 4.) Ways to use the digtal knowledge to create a better world ( I want to stop the greenhouse effect, the growing worldwide hunger, the fincial crises....well, we all want to, so let's start now :-) ) Today this blog has zero readers. So my abbility to ad usefull information to point 3.) will either change this number- or it will let this project die. Thank you for reading this!Alexis

Keine Kommentare: